21 years of cooking together! Happy birthday Jenna!!
Celebrating with my favorite girl — we made these colorful, festive, delicious blueberry kiwi mojitos. This precious girl, has been by my side in the kitchen since before she could walk. We’ve been talking about food and nutrition the whole time. But we have also been talking about everything else too. So many shared conversations, and memories made, that will last a lifetime! Seemed appropriate to be creating this Birthday Blueberry Kiwi Mojito, her first legal drink, in the Connecting Kitchen! How fun!
And it is soooooo delicious!! I have to add (can’t help myself) that this drink is packed with goodness too–anti-oxidant rich blueberries, kiwis loaded with Vitamin C (2x that of oranges!) The mint leaves are a powerful source of vitamins and minerals as well. Don’t forget your spoon for all the rum soaked fruit at the bottom! Cheers!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 lime 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
- 1 shot simple syrup
- 3 shots rum this drink is good in a non-alcoholic version too
- sparkling water
- blue or white sugar for the rim
- Moisten glass rims with a lime wedge and dip rim in sugar.
- Blend 3 of the kiwis in a blender with simple syrup, lime juice, and rum.
- Muddle a small handful of blueberries and 5 mint leaves in the bottom of a glass rimmed with sugar.
- Add 1/3 of kiwi puree to glasses.
- Add handful of ice and sparkling water.
- Top with more blueberries, remaining kiwi slices, and a few mint leaves.
- Adjust to your taste. Enjoy!