We are beating the heat this summer with this Cool as a Cucumber Peach Salad! Cucumbers are cool and hydrating when summer temperatures soar. Peaches are sweet and juicy and abundant this time of year. Mix them together with this tangy vinaigrette and it is sooooo good!
A few surprises …I wasn’t sure where we were going with this one when Ari kept going on and on about how he hates cucumbers. I had no idea! I thought the cucumber was a pretty benign vegetable. Doesn’t everybody like cucumbers?? It’s so easy to make this salad and his reaction to the cucumbers was priceless. Even he was surprised!
Check out the video below.
Beat the heat with this summer recipe!
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 2 ripe peaches cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 small red onion cut into small pieces
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cool Cucumber and Peach Salad
- Mix peaches, cucumbers, and onions together. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a separate container. Pour dressing over peaches, cucumbers, and onions. Stir to combine. Chill for 30 minutes. Enjoy!