We are building our relationship one recipe at a time. and today we made Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup. Eat Well Laugh Often is one of my New Years resolutions for this year. I hope it will be yours too!
I got this apron from Ari. This is such a special gift with an important message as we continue to cook together and talk about what’s important in life.
We made this delicious Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup on a cold and bitter day. Easy and nutritious.
Look at all these delicious ingredients. Snap peas, scallions, bok choy, shallots, spices and shrimp.
First, we blanched the vegetables, snap peas and bok choy.
We loaded this up with vegetables and made it into a meal.
The whole family loved it!
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 large bunch bok choy chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb. snow peas trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 lb. rice stick noodles
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 3 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. corinader
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz whole-fat coconut milk
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- Fill a large soup pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Add bok choy and snap peas. Cook for 30 seconds and remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add noodles to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Drain and add to the vegetables.
- Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat in the large soup pot. When hot, add the shallots, curry paste, spices, and garlic, stirring for 1 minute to bring out the flavors.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, scallions, sugar, fish sauce, and Sriracha and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Spoon noodle mixture into bowls and ladle soup mixture over top.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime quarter into each bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro.